OT: archy

Ann Burlingham ann at BURLINGHAMBOOKS.COM
Thu Sep 1 21:11:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Joel S. Berson <Berson at att.net> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: OT:  archy
>
> Thanks, Bill and LH.  So much I have forgotten about one -- several
> of my favorite books.  Right up there with "Barnaby".

my mother read us archy and mehitabel when i was a kid, and i always
have several copies around. my favorite memorized line is from when
archy was full of revolutionary frenzy: "you thought i was an archy,
but i am anarchy"

oh, and if you're unsure of his typing method, it was this: he stood
on the typewriter and dove head-first onto the keys. the first epistle
is from when don marquis accidentally left a sheet of paper in his
typewriter.

--
Ann Burlingham
Burlingham Books