"interpolate"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 3 00:49:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kyle Onstott's theme, to the extent that he had one,
> was that antebellum slavery was ultimately more revolting all-round than
> '50s fiction could otherwise imagine.

Really? I must have missed that part. IMO, Frederick Law Olmsted's 1861

Journeys and Explorations in the Cotton Kingdom

does a much better job of that. I thought that Onstott's books - and
I've read them all - were meant purely as entertainment and not as any
kind of commentary on the bad old days.

--
-Wilson
-----