the blues

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Sun Sep 4 10:52:56 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 04, 2011 at 04:53:17AM -0400, victor steinbok wrote:
> I am curious about the organization of some articles in the OED.

[...]

> So my question is, is this definition correct?

No. Entries in the early part of the alphabet in particular, which were
written in the earliest stages of the editorial process, are often
organized very differently than the later entries.

The entry for _blue_ and related terms is currently being revised, so
the inconsistencies should be resolved shortly.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED