The sushi experience

Sun Sep 4 16:32:48 UTC 2011

The reason I included "agari" is because I think I've seen it on those "speak Japanese" cards the beer companies put out. I agree that "shari" is probably not so common. "Gari" is a word rarely used in Japanese; on a three or four occasions, I have heard Japanese people ask what it means, but I agree that in English it is fairly common.

Of course the determination isn't whether the term is specialized for people in the sushi business in Japan, but what the use is in English.

BB