Bachmann Convicted!

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sat Sep 17 21:10:54 UTC 2011

Not so much that she holds a conviction but as a variation on "I plead guilty".
G. Cohen

Original message from Jonathan Lighter, Sat 9/17/2011 11:17 AM:
Rep. Bachmann was explaining to Jay Leno her belief that "innocent
twelve-year-old girls" shouldn't be "forced" to have "a government
injection" against HPV.  Leno said "You're very strident about this." (He
meant "passionate" or "insistent" or something like that.)

Bachmann said, "I'm convicted! I'm convicted!"

She holds a conviction, in other words.

No OED, which offers the religious forerunner.

JL