Spoken by sportscaster: "... Kenneth [S]ung …"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 18 22:58:41 UTC 2011

Kenneth, a "chigro," to use Ian Fleming's infelicitous denominative,
spells his surname _Chung_ and pronounces it [tS^N].

Is there a "Bei[Z]ing, [S]ina" in our future?

(FWIW, when I was a child, my classmate, Kenneth Johnson, pronounced
his firat name as [kIn at nt], in StL BE. When I encountered [kEn at T],
some years later, I had no idea that it was the same name.)

--
-Wilson
-----