demonize/demonization

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 30 11:32:51 UTC 2011

A quick search of GB and JSTOR suggests that the modern popularity of
"demonize" owes something to discussions of Arab-Israeli relations,
beginning as early as the mid-70s.

During the '80s it was used increasingly in broader contexts of
international relations.

JL