grill~mouth grill

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 6 02:48:32 UTC 2012

I was trying to figure out the precise use of "grill" in that post--was
it mouth (teeth like a car grill)? the smile? the entire face? the
not-so-clean-shaven chin? But it seems it is the first or second of
these and it seems to be more recent than I thought. The reason I
thought little of it is because I've heard it before with the specific
reference to the display of teeth in a smile and the association with
the old-style car grill. But I can't date it--I have no recollection of
the circumstances when I heard it other than the reference and the
explanation.

     VS-)