Rice cake

Mon Jan 2 18:02:40 UTC 2012

As I mentioned, the word is defined in the 1806 book as a sweet biscuit.

The Wikipedia article (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A0%85%E3%83%91%E3%83%B3) uses the orthography å …ãƒ‘ãƒ³ (literally hard bread) and says that an alternative name is haado takku (hard tack), making it seem like there are two different foods.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA