Fisher revival

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 11 21:13:03 UTC 2012

I should have noted that the semantic shift on the Bruce Peninsula was
probably induced by the reintroduction of fishers by the Ministry of
Natural Resources about ten years ago.  The 10,000 year round
residents of the Bruce, not including First Nations communities, are,
of course, all native speakers of Early Modern English and are
strongly influenced by the eight instances of "fisher" in the KJV.

Herb