"Its not about _signaling out_ one group!"

Thu Jun 28 03:40:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could be a lapsus calami, but probably not. From a rant by a hater
> arguing that "Mexicans" and blacks should be happy to be randomly
> stopped and searched by the police, because, by their obedience to the
> law, they demonstrate their appreciation of the freedoms allowed them
> in this country.
>
> (Yes, ALREADY in the EcDB and much discussed.)

Well, it had been discussed in the Eggcorn Forum, but unaccountably it
hadn't yet been entered in the database proper (even though it had
come up on Language Log way back in 2004). I've rectified that:

http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/english/1121/signal/

--bgz

--
Ben Zimmer