Non-negative 1974 connotation of the word retarded

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 5 15:14:00 UTC 2012

Of course, now "LD" has almost nothing to do with what used to be
"retarded". With "autistic" and "autism spectrum disorder" the goalposts
have been moved rather drastically, so you now have the same tags being
stigma to some and a badge of pride to others.

     VS-)