Pre-Archaic Industrial Jargon

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 10 08:29:20 UTC 2012

Aside from "armored cavalry", which at least used to be a common
reference to tank divisions, particularly in the WWII period, I've also
heard "air cavalry" on more than one occasion. In contrast, troops using
armored transports that are /not/ tanks, are AFAIK referred to as
"motorized infantry". There is also some traditional status distinction
between cavalry and infantry both in the US and Commonwealth Nations armies.

     VS-)