Hawaiian Punch commercial

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 15 02:26:08 UTC 2012

Some years ago we had a discussion of the grammar and semantics of the
classic tag, "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!"

It occur to me that at roughly the same time, maybe even a little earlier,
Hawaiian Punch was running a commercial featuring the slinky Hawaiian Punch
[DISCLAIMER: PERIOD LANGUAGE FOLLOWS] wahine pushing some new form of
Punch, explaining sweetly at the end, "So if you don't like Hawaiian Punch,
you won't like new blah-blah-blah Hawaiian Punch either!"

Q: What did she say in place of "blah-blah-blah"?  Sugar-free?  Orange?
Absolutely not anything wimpy like "improved."

Googling availeth not. Which is very strange.

And you know what?  I'd like a nice Hawaiian Punch right now!

AAAARRRGGHHH! Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

JL