_Striped_

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 26 01:45:53 UTC 2012

One cannot scan Innes Randolph's (in)famous (non-)parodic "I'm a Good Old
Rebel" song of 1866 without the two-syllable pronunciation.

Needless to say, most who sing it miss the irony (they want a hate
song). But they still need two syllables:

"I hates the starry banner, 'tis stri-ped with our blood!/ Them lyin',
thievin' Yankees, I fit 'em all I cud!"

JL