The playground "slide"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu May 3 18:40:35 UTC 2012

On May 3, 2012, at 2:30 PM, Victor Steinbok wrote:

> You forgot monkey bars and girl scout cookies.

Isn't "monkey bar" another name for what we called a jungle gym?  I think we only used the latter term.  But I suppose if some outlander called the jungle gym a monkey bar we wouldn't have looked around for someone to whip up a banana daiquiri.  And we were also pretty sure we didn't have to worry about getting cut by the sharp blades of a see-saw.  It's all context.

LH