GoogleBooks settlement

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 5 18:54:21 UTC 2012

At 10/5/2012 02:30 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole wrote:

>Victor: Thanks for posting this update on the travails of Google
>Books.

I'm more concerned about the travails of Google Books users.  I have
just tried a Google Book search, specifying Preview available, with
the search terms chimpanzee + 1740 + paris (not quoted), and NO date
limit.  I'm told "about 175 results" and the display at the bottom
shows 10 pages (that's OK, I think, it's showing me the first
10).  But when I select the 10th page explicitly, I'm told I'm on
page 8 of about 175 results, and the display at the bottom now shows
pages up to only 9!  If I select the 9th page, I'm told I'm now on
Page 7 of about 175 results!  And I'm stuck there.

Note this is WITHOUT any date restriction.

Joel