OT: be careful quoting Faulkner

Fri Oct 26 21:00:59 UTC 2012

Unsurprisingly, the Faulkner quotation is listed in multiple
references: The Yale Book of Quotations (2006), The Quote Verifier
(2006), What They Didn't Say (2006) edited by Elizabeth Knowles, The
Oxford Dictionary of Quotations (online):

[Begin excerpt]
The past is never dead. It's not even past.
Requiem for a Nun (1951) act 1
[End excerpt]

If there have been any lawsuits against quotation references recently
I have not heard about them. Perhaps a lawsuit asking for damages due
to torturous interference with the truth (and even plausibility) might
succeed against one of the big online databases of misquotes.

(I know the torturous is an eggcorn for tortious.)