Phrase: distracted walking (hypothesized cause of pedestrian deaths)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Aug 10 15:01:27 UTC 2013

ABC World News Tonight also had a segment on recently about the hazards of "drunk walking".  Apparently 40% or so of pedestrian fatalities (I don't recall the details) involve pedestrians with a blood alcohol level over the limit for driving.  We can add that to "drunk dialing" (which I first noticed when it was referenced in the movie "Sideways").

LH