"to huck" = "bother, harass verbally"?

Susan Frank rufaroz at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 26 04:29:06 UTC 2013

I've been a lurker here for a while, and haven't dared insert my entirely
amateur opinions, but I think I know this one!

Would your friend have any Yiddish speakers in their/his/her(!) background?
My family used "hock" in this way (e.g., after someone's been nagging you
about something, you'd say, "Stop hocking at me!), and this seems to me to
be a good explanation for it:

http://yiddishwordsoftheweek.wordpress.com/tag/hock/