Quote: You cannot fool all the people all the time (Jacques Abbadie; Prohibitionists)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 8 15:15:45 UTC 2013

It was in the early '80s that I first encountered the extended version
exemplified below.  My students loved it, possibly because it gave them
hope.

1915 E. A. Ross in _Publication of the American Sociological Society_ IX
131: Someone has amended Lincoln's optimistic aphorism, "You can't fool all
the people all of the time," with the saying: "But you can fool enough of
the people enough of the time."

JL

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM, ADSGarson O'Toole <adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com