colder than a witch's kiss

Sat Dec 14 23:17:55 UTC 2013

Barry Popik examined the expression for witchy coldness and posted an
entry on his website. Interestingly, the oldest printed version was
“Cold as a witch’s kiss” in 1918.

Entry from November 23, 2013
“Colder than a witch’s tit” (very cold)

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/colder_than_a_witchs_tit_very_cold/

[Begin excerpt]
12 June 1918, Rockford (IL) Register-Gazette, “The Confessions of a
German Deserter,” pg. 9, col. 4:
The inside of a cloud is cold as a witch’s kiss, but it is fun
shooting into them and then suddenly out into the clear sky again.
[End excerpt]

Garson