Plural adjective to avoid unintended meaning

Tue Dec 24 23:18:20 UTC 2013

Here are some items that should be along the lines of "glasses" but drop the "s": bagpipe player, earphone holder, sunglass contacts, Edward Scissorhands.

"Glass case" sounds like the case is made of glass, so that could be a contributing factor to "glasses case."

I bet it's more complicated, though, and depends to an extent on the word used and on inter/intrapersonal variation.

Benjamin Barrett
Formerly of Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos