"drone" (v. trans.)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 14 23:58:09 UTC 2013

Actually the U.S. military has used "drones" (unmanned, radio-guided
airplanes) since WW2 - originally as targets in antiaircraft training.

The worm turns.

You can even see a photo of a drone standing next to Marilyn Monroe in 1944:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioplane_OQ-2

JL