"drone" (v. trans.)

Fri Mar 15 01:17:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM, Arnold Zwicky wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2013, at 10:53 AM, Ben Zimmer wrote:
>
> > "drone" (v. trans.) 'target or kill (someone) in a drone strike'....
>
> http://arnoldzwicky.wordpress.com/2013/02/10/the-inevitable-verbing/
> drone ‘attack with a drone, kill by a drone’

Apologies to Garson for missing his ADS-L post, and to Arnold for
missing his followup blog post! I was inspired by the news today,
involving a snowcloning of the 2007 Quotation of the Year, "Don't tase
me, bro":

---
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/343003/cpac-paul-dont-drone-me-bro-eliana-johnson
Raucous cheers greeted Kentucky senator Rand Paul as he took the stage
at CPAC this afternoon. The senator addressed a standing-room-only
crowd; in the hallway outside, his supporters waved signs with the
slogan “Stand with Rand!”
As the senator began, a fan in the crowd interrupted with a cry,
“Don’t drone me, bro!” — recalling a memorable incident during which
police used a taser to subdue a student in the midst of John Kerry’s
appearance at an event at the University of Florida. Paul responded
with a laugh. “That’s not quite what I was thinking,” he said. The
crowd cheered.
video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPEPPsCcj5U
---

--bgz