sack up

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 24 14:43:16 UTC 2013

Grant found this in 2004. Here's an antedating and a mainstream appearance.

2003 UrbanDictionary.com (July 28): To gather up one's courage for a
daunting task. _Sargeant Bohannon shrieked at Private Entwhistle, "Sack up,
you panty-wearing dipstick...bayonet practice may save your life...now
lunge, thrust, stick and twist...repeat..._

2013 Teddy Wayne, in _New Yorker_ (Mar. 28) 51: He's slumped over his desk,
feeling sorry for himself. "Sack up, junior!" I boom.

JL