"imminent domain"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed May 29 01:38:26 UTC 2013

On the CBS Evening News program this evening (6:30 in Boston), there
was an item about the proposed reconstruction (widening) of the beach
at one Jersey Shore town.  The proposed project, which would be
performed by the Army Corps of Engineers, requires unanimous consent
of all ... shore-holders, and a few are resisting.  The CBS narrator
and the Town Council President discussed the possibility of the
Council soon acting to override their objections.  The CBS narrator
twice called the process "imminent domain".

This of course is reported through my ears, but I believe I am
hearing "imm" and not "em" (I distinguish).  However, you can draw
your own conclusion at www.cbsnews.com, video "Some Jersey Shore
residents resisting beach extension".  (I don't believe there is a transcript.)

Overriding the resisters does appear to be imminent.  Thus I believe
this is an eggcorn, and not in the database.

Joel