WOTY suggestion

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Wed Oct 23 15:16:03 UTC 2013

a reader of my blog has posted a comment with an assortment of off-topic observations, including this suggestion for WOTY:

...I don’t know who’s in charge of Word of The Year, but I’d like to put forward (or have you do so, if ‘putting forward’ is limited) the word ‘reimagine’. It’s been worn to an imagination-crushing frazzle (with a meaning closer to (1) than to (2) in the urban dictionary, and BTW, were you aware of (2)? Like asparagus and garlic, curry’s scent passes on. Sort of a second-hand smutz...

i'm not recommending this, just passing it on.

arnold