GO + present participle

Benjamin Torbert btorbert at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 25 01:13:47 UTC 2013

Catenative verbs seem to have a large overlap with linking verbs; this is
the source of my confusion.  Sometimes things that I can't quite identify
act like linking verbs, but aren't classed as linking verbs exactly as I
was taught.

I'm open to the classification of the -ing form as a gerund rather than a
participle, but this seems to change the nature of the catenative verb.