Buzzword: Datafication, Datification

Sat Sep 14 01:09:15 UTC 2013

The 2013 book "Big Data: A Revolution That Will Transform How We Live,
Work, and Think" has a chapter titled "Datafication".

On September 7, 2013 a Wikipedia page was created for the term, but a
different spelling was used: Datification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datification

[Begin excerpt]
The term “Datification” was popular with the data modeling community
in the 80’s but was not understood well in the general community, but
since the onset of the internet, social media and the improvement in
global communication technology, the meaning of “Datification” has had
a rebirth. It is a new concept that tracks the conception,
development, storage and marketing of all types of data, both for
business and life.
[End excerpt]

This reinvigorated buzzword might succeed.

I not see the word in these places: ADS-L archives, barrypopik.com,
wordspy.com, worldwidewords.org, phrases.org.uk.

Garson