[Ads-l] foment

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 3 17:45:39 UTC 2014

"Foment" always makes me think of The Fugs .

http://goo.gl/uXDfuy
> Sir Kenneth Newman, the Commissioner of Police for metropolitan
> London, who commands a force of 27,000, said he had intelligence
> reports that anarchists and Trotskyites had fomented the series of
> riots that has plagued Britain since violence erupted in an inner city
> area of Birmingham called Handsworth on Sept. 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwuKY7FWBbo

The original album was No More Slavery, but on CD is on a couple of Best
Of compilations. The NYT clip above is read as the intro to the song.

The song also makes an appearance on Eggcorn Archives under "Forment".

     VS-)