[Ads-l] foment

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Dec 6 23:35:32 UTC 2014

Also in a good way:

I cured Prestor John's Godmother, to the great Admiration of all the
Court, of a stupendous Dolor about the Os Sacrum, so that the good
Old Lady really feared the Perdition of her Huckle Bone; I did it by
fomenting her Posteriors, with a Mummy of Nature, alias call'd
Pilgrims Salve, mixt up with the Spirit of Mugwort, tartaragraphated
thorow an alembick of Christalline Transluency.

 From a quack doctor's harangue, late 17th-early 18th century, British.

Joel