[Ads-l] Newspaperarchive.com (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Dec 4 19:31:35 UTC 2014

Bill,
  I think you meant to write newspapers.com instead of newspaper.com.
The relationships between the major databases are not clear to me. If
you subscribe to newspapers.com then you can follow the link below and
you will find located at the bottom of the page image a
NewspaperARCHIVE trademark label.

http://www.newspapers.com/image/33437070/?terms=luckman+%22Ivy+league%22

There is a substantial overlap of content, but I have found issues of
newspapers in the newspapers.com database that are not in the
newspaperarchive.com database.

Perhaps the companies ran many of the same microfilm spools through
different microfilm scanners and used different OCR algorithms.
Certainly, the customer-facing interfaces are quite different. In
addition, both have some kind of relationship with Ancestry.com.

Garson