Decarcerate, excarcerate

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Feb 17 15:42:39 UTC 2014

I just found this post by searching my computer, after noticing a story in the Yale Daily News about a local (Connecticut) group, "Decarcerate CT".  As can be seen from the group's website, http://www.decarcerate.org/, the impetus appears to be related to religious groups (not all religions, I imagine).

Not a new verb, as Dave noted back in August, but building up enough of a head of steam to qualify for a WOTY category?  I don't recall our considering it in the past, but I may be wrong.

LH