impactful, below-the-line, etc.

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 15 17:53:48 UTC 2014

DG: <<Because the dealer also plays, putting the deck down to examine his
cards.>>
WB:  Dealer puts the deck down, in plain sight, right in front of herself.
Question remains:  Is the "buck knife (handle)" in poker a MERE
folk-etymology, or is it actually ATTESTED in USE?)
JL:  <<More appropriate for a horse-laugh on the Pecos>>
WB: Haha! Good one!