"Not All Men"

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 6 08:52:49 UTC 2014

JB: <<I too get "curly quotes and em-dashes and the like" mangled>>
WB:  Why I started using angled brackets instead of SmartQuotes, which
ADS-L dumbs down to gibberish. Vive le <<duckfoot>>! Sortalike
<<guillemets>>, d'apre`s Guillaume le Concurrer.
     Also, I also frequently use what I call <<The Washing Machine>>. In
Windows, this is the NotePad (.txt files). Knowing what The ADSing Machine
does to non-Querty characters and alien formatting, I might compose a
message in my word processor du jour (these days OfficeLibre), copy&paste
into NotePad to strip off fancy formatting, then paste into The ADSing
Machine; but still have to ferret out umlauts, etc. anyway. The Washing
Machine is good for grabbing quotes from the internet before pasting into
.doc, .odt, etc.