which its = "whose"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 16 12:58:03 UTC 2014

I clearly recall a "that's" or two in a student theme, but only from one
student. It was almost precisely thirty years ago.

However, when pressed to fill in the blank in "This is an idea _______ time
has come," a number of students used "that's".  (ISTR that "whose"

Ordinarily, I think they'd avoid the construction entirely.

JL