which its = "whose"

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Jun 16 12:45:22 UTC 2014

Because I'm Commander Obvious, is there thinking that this construction
is influenced by the dictum to use "who" only for referents that are
persons? Are you seeing any "that's"?

---Amy West

(I will confess to preferring "who" over "that" for the relative pron.
for persons just as a point of style, AND further confess to making that
comment on students' papers, but I do note that it's a point of style,
not "grammar.")