salugi

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat May 3 00:21:35 UTC 2014

At 5/2/2014 07:34 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>Yeah, you can tell.  Our wild saluggis didn't involve tan derbies,
>more like baseball caps and gloves.

There is a fascinating photo of a crowd at a Yankee Stadium baseball
game, from a date I no longer recall but which I guess is in the
1930s or 1940s.  Every attendee not only is male but is wearing a
derby.  (Except for one underage lad, who is wearing a (non-baseball)
visored cap.)

Unfortunately, I have not found this photo on the Web.  It would show
the left field lower grandstand, approximately facing the viewer.
Joel