[Ads-l] New sense of "supper club" =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=underground or secret restaurant

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 9 18:24:14 UTC 2015

A few comments:

"supper clubs" are called clubs because they are not legal businesses. They
are legally functioning as an informal gathering of invitees. There is no
price, although contributions are suggested. Advertising would be
dangerous, inviting a knock on the door by the health authorities.

"pop-up" refers to any temporary business, but is not necessarily illegal
-- a restaurant may invite another chef to use their (legal) space as a
pop-up on an otherwise closed evening, for example.

Regards
DanG

DanG