[Ads-l] Victimhood Olympics

Brian Hitchcock brianhi at SKECHERS.COM
Wed Dec 9 01:54:33 UTC 2015

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of the Victimhood Olympics? How long has this been around?

I see it occurs in the book Victims and Victimhood, by Trudy Govier, published in 2015.

https://books.google.com/books?id=dOCbBQAAQBAJ&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=victimhood+olympics&source=bl&ots=iIs0wDE_Rn&sig=6vmg61WCF_asUzbp1Pyo1g_AvTY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCvLif0s3JAhUIzmMKHboGDa0Q6AEITTAH#v=onepage&q=victimhood%20olympics&f=false

It doesn't occur in Google ngram viewer. Online, the oldest mention I found was from Jun 26, 2014:
http://www.goingyourownway.com/mgtow-lounge-deprecated/victimhood-olympics-modern-workplace-2153/

Antedating is invited; this seems recent enough that there might be an identifiable coiner.