[Ads-l] "schlong", the verb -- not in OED

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 04:23:51 UTC 2015

Ellen Turkish was talking about her entire Student Government slate,
which was led by a male student (Larry Yermack). And in the other
examples I mention in Politico, we have Dick Morris talking about
George W. Bush in the midterm elections of '06 and Neal Conan talking
about the Mondale/Ferraro ticket of '84. So this isn't just a matter
of female candidates, despite Trump's icky usage.