[Ads-l] Fictional Materials for OED (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Jan 8 22:40:02 UTC 2015

Thanks, for pointing to the entry for "unobtanium", Bill. The earliest
citation listed in the Oxford English Dictionary in 1956 is the one I
posted to the ADS mailing list during the discussion in April 2014.
Proud that I was able to help the OED linguists trace this fun word
(though the cite may have been found independently).

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2014-April/132262.html

Garson