[Ads-l] Rosa Luxemburg Quote

Wed Jun 3 21:58:23 UTC 2015

Thanks, Dan. One of the unverified citations I posted earlier was in a
book about German popular culture circa 1981 that apparently was
published by 1982.

Title: Jugend '81: Lebensentwürfe, Alltagskulturen, Zukunftsbilder
GTrans: Youth '81: lifestyles, everyday cultures, visions of the future
(GTrans means Google Translation)

Google Books has the 1982 book in snippet mode, but the database also
has a 2013 reprint that is in preview mode; hence, more of it is
visible.
Here is a link into the 1982 edition:
https://books.google.com/books?id=8u8oAAAAYAAJ&focus=searchwithinvolume&q=Fesseln
Short link: http://bit.ly/1RKmjDF

Here is a link into the 2013 reprint:
https://books.google.com/books?id=WnF_BwAAQBAJ&q=Fesseln+#v=snippet&
Short link: http://bit.ly/1JmelPJ

If you follow the link immediately above please click on the displayed
snippet box to see the full page in preview mode.

The section containing the slogan is called "Maximen und Reflexionen"
(GTrans: Maxims and Reflections)

If you can read German perhaps you would be willing to take a look and
see if the book looks like it was really originally published in 1982.

Here is more of the context. It looks like a bunch of maxims and slogans.

[Begin extracted text – special characters replaced]
... weil man machen kann, was man will, aber wichtig dabei ist, daB
man immer will, was man macht - Seht die Behinderten wie uns auch an -
Wer sich nicht bewegt, der spurt die Fesseln nicht - Ich suche den
Frieden und beginne bei mir - Die Zeit ist schnell irgendwann uberholt
sie dich, dann bist du tot - Gegen die Stromung, gegen den Wind -
Lieber sinnvoll schweigen als gedanken voll schwatzen
[End extracted text]

Garson