[Ads-l] "walkable"

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jun 21 21:38:44 UTC 2015

"Walkable" = "within walking distance of a rail stop."  That is, commuter rail to Quincy, Billerica, or New Bedford, then walk to a "venue."

Definition by the 2024 Olympics Boston bid committee.
-----
But now, as Boston 2024 gradually unveils venue plan 2.0, bid leaders are redefining what they meant by “walkable.”

The bid committee now expects spectators will walk from commuter rail
stations and subway stations to venues, not just venue to venue.

“As we talk about walkable, we’re really talking about walkable and transit-oriented,” said bid architect David Manfredi. “You’ve got to be able to get to venues, as many as possible, through public transportation.”
-----

"Boston 2024 stretches its definition of walkable Olympics"
By Shira SpringerBoston Globe, June 19, 2015http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/19/boston-stretches-its-definition-walkable-olympics/WNQk8yEsARnzwxwsBPj3bJ/story.html

Joel