[Ads-l] Query about the origin of a meme

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 2 01:51:38 UTC 2015

We discussed this a couple of years ago, and I cited an SNL example
from Amy Poehler back in 2004 (though it's not quite canonical: "said
no one" without the "ever").

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2013-March/126378.html

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/04/04bupdate.phtml
Britney Spears is recording a rap song about the recent controversies
in her life. "I can't wait to hear that!" said no one.