[Ads-l] Getting a reply (re Deflate)

Joel Berson berson at ATT.NET
Mon May 11 23:22:58 UTC 2015

After WCVB in Boston devoted an hour of its 1 1/2 hour evening news broadcast to the Deflategate decision, mostly a nearly-continuous rant by an ESPN commentator served mostly soft pitches from its announcers, I felt compelled to send an email to a Boston newspaper sports columnist.   I received the following reply:
"Got it."
Magnificently ambiguous -- could mean either "I received it" or "I understood it" or even "I agreed with it".
I'll have to wait for his columns over the next few days.  But I do thank him for replying.

P.S.  Very few in this howling wilderness seem to know that "more probable than not" is the legal standard in civil cases, as well as the term in the NFL's rules.

Joel