[Ads-l] P. S. on "Chas"

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Sun May 31 20:11:19 UTC 2015

--

Not me. But that's been my assumption also.

Apparently "Josh" (I guess /dZOS/ or /dZaS/) is occasionally used for
"Joseph": from an analogous old-timey abbreviation written "Josh."?

I don't know of a /dZ&z/ or /dZ&s/ from "Jas." for "James", or a /tOs/
or /TOs/ from "Thos." for "Thomas", but maybe they exist for all I know.

"Hy" /haj/ from "Hy." for "Henry" seems like a natural, but ....

-- Doug Wilson