[Ads-l] When the ordinary term has become stale...

Dave Hause dwhause at CABLEMO.NET
Fri Oct 9 03:22:38 UTC 2015

A definition never to be forgotten by anyone who has had to perform a manual
disimpaction.
Dave Hause
-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson Gray
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:49 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: When the ordinary term has become stale...

simply pull a fresh, "new" term out of your ass!

>From Macworld.com:

"The _impaction_ [of Facebook's new 'Reaction' button] on you at home..."

>From Google:

"An _impaction_ is a solid, immobile bulk of human feces that can develop
in the rectum as a result of chronic constipation."

I once was under the impression that "arse" was my personal invention, but
I was a pre-adolescent and I merely *thought* that. I didn't publish that
mispreapprehension by using it in my column written for a major Web
publication..