[Ads-l] Origin of exclamation Great Scott discussed at Slate

Peter Reitan pjreitan at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 21 17:17:21 UTC 2015

Antedating Great Scott(?)

The Spirit of Democracy, March 7, 1845, page 2, column 5 (Chronicling America).
THE BANK BILL.
The great fine-and shearing (financiering) scheme of Mr. Kelly, has become the law of the land; and this bill of seventy five sections we promised to publish, should it finally passed into law.  Great Scott! is it possible that we ever promised to publish this law.